Employment basis Full-Time, Permanent
Location Hammersmith, U.K
Salary range: Competitive package
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. Our software products enable our customers to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes. Currently employing 250 staff worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
All of SPSE’s modelling products are based on the gPROMS Platform, a sophisticated state-of-the-art software platform that supports all aspects of the development of large-scale mathematical models, their formal validation, and the performance of a range of mathematical computations based on these models. The responsibility for the development of the gPROMS Platform and associated gPROMS Web Application Platform (gWAP) is held by SPSE’s Software Technology Group, comprising an outstanding team of 40 software developers with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics and related disciplines.
- In collaboration with in-house and external users and usability experts, contributing to the design and architecture of the new GUI and its components
- Understanding user requirements, both from customer-facing SPSE groups and directly from external users of SPSE technology, and translating these to development work items.
- Designing robust and intuitive workflows that help users at different knowledge levels to leverage the user interfaces
- Ensuring software quality and maintainability via appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Resolving critical bug fixes quickly
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Collaborating closely with other SPSE software teams including developers, the Quality Assurance team and our Consultant Engineers.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- Degree-level or equivalent qualification within software engineering or computer science or closely related subject
- Knowledge of Node.js, Vuex, HTML, SCSS
- Use of modern version control systems (especially Git) and Continuous Integration (CI) systems (Jenkins)
- Cross-platform software development (MS Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of TDD
- Knowledge of Java and Spring
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience of data formats such as XML, JSON, and HDF5
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- A desire to learn and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral & written communication.
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a SPSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitve salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 holidays per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Excellent career development
- Internal training sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work schemes
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of
subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books.
SPSE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Senior Consultant Engineer for Advanced Process Modelling Work
- Senior UI/UX Designer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Digital Applications Front End Developer
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy & Chemicals
- Consultant Engineer
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Applications Engineer - Bioprocessing
- C++ (Numerics) Software Developer
- Events and Marketing Executive
If you are interested in working for Siemens Process Systems Engineering but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.