Advanced Process Modelling
Benefits: creating sustainable value
Advanced Process Modelling is a key technology for creating sustainable long-term value for process organisations.
Advanced process models are used to explore the process decision space, to result in better, faster and safer decisions on process design and operation and innovation.
Why use advanced process models?
High-fidelity predictive models provide companies with significant competitive advantage by providing a means to :
- capture, deploy and transfer corporate knowledge effectively
- make design and operating decisions based on accurate quantification
- innovate rapidly, by enabling exploration of a wide design space rapidly and at relatively low cost (especially when compared to building pilot plants)
- manage technology risk effectively, in particular by identifying areas of low data reliability and helping to address these.
PSE is the leading supplier of advanced process modelling technology and services to the process industries. Our gPROMS modelling and optimization platform provides a sophisticated, modern software environment created specifically for construction, validation and execution of high-accuracy models, and the company is a pioneer in the growing application of model-based engineering.
What are the benefits of advanced process modelling?
A key benefit of using advanced process models is that they provide high-quality information to underpin decision support in process and product innovation, and process design and operation by reducing uncertainty.
Having accurate models that can predict performance over a range of conditions allows you to explore the decision space rapidly and effectively. The result is better, faster and safer decisions.
- better process designs, with lower design margins, leading to reduced capital expenditure, higher reliability and lower operating cost
- better equipment designs, with lower design margins, again leading to reduced capital expenditure, better performance and controllability and lower operating cost
- better product designs, through the ability to test product designs and tailor manufacturing processes to deliver required product attributes
- better operations, with greater flexibility of operation through better understanding of operating limits and the ability to operate closer to constraints with confidence.
- Advanced proces models allow you to scale-up new processes confidently, significantly reducing the time required for this major step
- accelerated innovation, with reduced innovation risk, cost and time-to-market. Model-based innovation techniques allow rapid screening and verification of designs, with reduced reliance on physical testing.
- effective risk management, by using the reliable quantitative data on which to base R&D and design decisions, allowing you to manage risk with confidence
- better compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements.