Digital process design and operation are key technologies for accelerating innovation and optimizing day-to-day operation in the 21st century.
Siemens Process Systems Engineering is a leading provider of Digital Process Twin technology, services and solutions for digital process design and operation.
Our gPROMS platform covers all key activities across the process design and operational lifecycle in a single, integrated set of capabilities – from model-based experiment design in R&D to creation of digital process twins for optimizing operation.
Digital process design
SPSE has been a leader in digital design since its inception. Working with some of the biggest names in industry, we have evolved the definitive model-based technologies and methodologies for exploring the decision space rapidly and effectively, optimizing equipment, process and product design, accelerating innovation and managing risk.
Digital process operations
For digital operations, we combine high-fidelity predictive process models – embodying deep process knowledge – with current and historic plant data, to create digital process twins that can add significant value to plant operation on a daily basis.
Whom do we work with?
Our customers are involved in development and optimization of new processes, formulated products, equipment and catalysts. We are a founder member of the Systems-based Pharmaceutics Alliance and project leader of the ADDoPT (Advanced Digital Design of Pharmaceutical Therapeutics ) project.
Whom do we work with?
Our customers are some of the major chemicals and petrochemicals organisations around the world, in particular those who are systematically applying digitalization to their operations. We also work closely with our colleagues in Siemens Process Automation to deliver Digital Applications irrespective of plant automation system.
SPSE has a unique, integrated set of technologies for digitalization, built on the gPROMS advanced process modelling platform:
- Sophisticated, next-generation modelling environments for creating and applying first-principles mechanicstic models: gPROMS Process for fluid processes and gPROMS FormulatedProducts for formulated products.
- Powerful custom modelling and model validation capabilities that allow users to capture corporate knowledge and IP within models
- Equation-oriented solution power utilising the latest in high-performance computing (HPC) techniques for rapid and robust solution.
- Industry-leading simulation capabilities for steady-state and dynamic process systems, within the same environment
- Industry-leading global system analysis and optimization engines techniques for systematic analysis and large-scale (MINLP) optimization
- The gPROMS Digital Applications Platform (gDAP), for implementing high-fidelity models online and integrating models with plant data