Wastewater systems optimization based on high-fidelity process models has been shown to reduce plant energy consumption by up to 40% while maintaining water purity standards.
This webinar demonstrates how plant operators can run efficient, effective industrial and urban wastewater treatment plants that can adapt to any change in incoming pollutant load, power and chemical costs, effluent purity standards or environmental regulations.
It also illustrates how operators can accurately determine the effect on plant operation of upgrades and retro-fits, using the retro-fit of a bio-filtration process as an example.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Model-based wastewater treatment analysis and design: general principles
- gPROMS Process water treatment libraries
- biological treatment models
- physico-chemical models
- Creating a high-fidelity model of a treatment process
- Optimizing treatment process design and operation
- Implementing optimization models online
|Marc Pau is an Applications Engineer at PSE. He has a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnical University of Catalonia, Barcelona. For the last two years, he has worked on the development of the gWATER model library and the PlantOptimizer concept.