We are pleased to announce the release of gPROMS Process 2022.1.0.
gPROMS 2022.1, the first version to adopt the new numbering system, continues Siemens’ mission to create the leading digital process design tool for the process industries. The multi-year series of enhancements include a parallel focus on extending model libraries, further developing the industry-leading underlying solution framework to meet the demands of the digital world, and enhancing the user experience.
Highlights of the new version include:
Within the standard process model libraries
- The ability to handle solids within existing models that will either correctly handle solid phases, or warn if solids are present, and in new Filter, Centrifuge and Dryer models for solid-fluid separation processes. The development is tightly linked to various enhancements and new methods provided in gPROMS Properties 2.4.0. It provides a comprehensive way to handle solids systematically and easily throughout the flowsheet, and complements the more rigorous full population balance approach implemented within gPROMS FormulatedProducts.
- A new Heat exchanger crossflow model, for applications such as modelling the convective section of a furnace, enhancing the modelling of Olefins applications
- A new Compressor centrifugal reversible model to capable of handling flow-reversal situations
- Improvements to various models, including:
- Pipeline single phase, Pipeline single phase reversible, Reactor tubular and Evaporator kettle, which can now take dynamics in the momentum balance into account
- Reactor conversion, which has a new option to specify mass-based stoichiometric matrix
- Separator, which has a new option to specify or determine liquid surface pressure
Within the Reaction – Fixed-Bed Catalytic Reactors library
- Radial Flow Reactors library provides new options for outlet position, shafts, screens and axial dispersion
- New heat duty and heat flux options in Heat exchange simple model
- New bed-wall heat transfer coefficient correlation for low Reynolds numbers
- Warnings for high or low velocity in the tubes
- New adiabatic and isothermal options for Fixed-bed tube section 1D and Empty tube section models
- Simplified fixed value options for heat transfer coefficients
- Improvements to mass of catalyst specification in mixed beds
Within the Reaction – Electrochemical Reactors library
- New Electrochemical cell reactor and Electrochemical cell reactor 1D x models that provide a reduced version of existing models by lumping the mass and heat transfer through the backing layers, catalyst layers and membranes
- The ability to define mass transfer coefficient between bulk fluid and catalyst surface via custom correlations
The Polyolefins and Separation – Gas-Liquid Contactors libraries benefit from enhanced dialog box specifications and reports. There are also new examples and new and improved workflow guides.
Platform and Properties
The new gPROMS Process includes gPROMS Properties 2.4.0, and is built on gPROMS 2021.2.2 core, where highlights include:
- an improved MINLP solver, for faster and more robust optimization
- surrogate modelling enhancements (such as ANN), for creating fast-executing surrogate models using the gPROMS Global System Analysis (GSA) tools
- improved UI with updated look-and-feel and many more improvements.
Release notes with detailed description of new features are available from the online documentation after installing gPROMS Process.
You can access the new version via the current SPSE client download area, as well as Siemens Support Center. We are in the process of moving all installers and support services to the Support Center, and you will receive details on how to access this shortly.