The Siemens PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2022
Recognising excellence in innovation
Our gPROMS® advanced process modelling software is widely used to provide quantification in support of academic research, particularly in areas of novel technology.
In acknowledgement of the role of gPROMS modelling in academic research, Siemens PSE offers annual prizes totalling €5000 for the best papers describing the use of gPROMS family products in an innovative way or in a novel area of application or technology.
- We offer three Model-Based Innovation prizes: a winner's prize of €3000 and two runners-up prizes of €1000 each.
- The research presented in the submitted papers should make substantial use of gPROMS modelling in order to achieve the results described.
- The judges will favour novel applications or application in novel technology areas.
- Each year the prize is announced at a key academic or industrial conference. This year's award maybe presented in at the AIChE Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, USA subject to Siemens PSE's participation at the event.
- In addition to awarding the prizes, Siemens PSE may invite the corresponding authors to present the paper at the next Siemens Process Systems Engineering Advanced Process Modelling Forum and to publish a summary page on the Siemens PSE website, depending on copyright and other considerations.
The MBI Prize judges
The prize is judged by three academics known for their considerable contribution to the field of process systems engineering over the years:
Prof. Stratos Pistikopoulos (Chair)
Professor Stratos Pistikopoulos is the Director of the Texas A&M Energy Institute and holds the Dow Chemical Chair in the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University.
Associate Prof. Michael Georgiadis
Michael Georgiadis is Professor of Modelling, Optimisation and Control of Production Systems in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Professor Il Moon
President, Korean Society of Engineering Education; Member, National Academy of Engineering in Korea; Former Senior Vice President, Yonsei University; Former Director General, National Research Foundation of Korea
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.SUBMIT PAPER
The deadline for submissions for this year is 29 July 2022 (midnight BST).