Enhance your capabilities using gPROMS FormulatedProducts by participating in one of our remotely delivered trainings.
Virtual Classroom: engage with a SPSE Applications Engineer via video conference while you complete hands-on exercises with the software on a virtual machine.
The training lasts for approximately 4 hours and take place between the times below:
Standard training agenda
- Presentation of fundamental concepts
- Model configuration and simulation
- Model validation workflow
- Global system analysis
- Prior experience with gPROMS or other process simulation tools is not required.
- Dual screen setup highly recommended.
- Stable internet connection. Please verify your system passes the remote access tests of our VM provider – link
Tablet coating: 14, 19, 21 July 2022
Sorry you weren’t able to register for this round of training sessions, but we do plan to offer more. Please let us know you are still interested, and you will be among the first to know when we offer more dates. Submit your interest here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a typical agenda look like?
- Total duration = 4 hours
- Introduction and theoretical background to the topic.
- Guided hands-on exercises covering and application of the model with all the main platform features such as simulation, model validation, global system analysis.
- Presentations and video demos in between the exercises
Do I need to install gPROMS FormulatedProducts before the training?
It is not necessary to install software to do the training. The attendees will have access to a virtual machine for performing the hands-on sessions. They will be asked to test the connectivity prior to the training.
What will I learn during the training?
You will receive an overview of the particular unit operation as well as the main features of gPROMS. This is complimented by detailed guidance on how to apply the gPROMS FormulatedProducts model to an example case. You will gain a thorough background in the fundamental steps of calibrating the model and leveraging the value of this digital approach.
What are the pre-requisites for signing up to the training?
- Prior experience with gPROMS or other process simulation tools is helpful but not required.
- Dual screen setup highly recommended.
- Stable internet connection. Please verify your system passes the remote access tests of our VM provider – link.
Will I have access to the training resources after the training finishes?
Yes, you will have access to the software and resources on the virtual machine for 24-hours. The gPROMS files and hands-on instructions will be made available to you indefinitely.
I have never used gPROMS before, is this training suitable for me?
Yes absolutely. Training is suitable for you regardless of it’s your first time using the software or an experienced user looking to try a new model.
How much does it cost?
The training is offered free of charge.
How do I register?
Please complete the registrations questions and submit your request on the virtual classroom page. Please register using your organizations email address and not your personal email address.
Can I register to multiple trainings?
We recommend registering for the single training that is of highest interest to you. If you have registered for multiple trainings we may contact you to confirm which session(s) are most suitable for you.
I signed up for a training but was not invited to participate?
Our trainings are very popular, but our capacity is limited. Unfortunately, you were not selected to participate in this instance.
Will the training be recorded and will I have access to it afterwards?
Sessions are normally not recorded.
If I cannot attend the training, can I have still have access to the materials?
We normally only provide access to the material to people that have sat in the training.
If I am interested in a topic but there are no trainings available for it yet, what should I do?
You can fill in the subscription box on our website with trainings you would be interested in. We will contact you if we schedule trainings for the specific topic.
I registered, when should I expect to receive an invitation to join the virtual classroom?
You will receive an invitation a few days before the training.